Friday, December 19, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disneyland We Go! (Well, went...)

For the Porter Family Vacation this year, we went to the 'place of a million dreams' (Which is a little bit exaggerated if you ask me. I only realized 3 dreams: go to Disneyland with my little family, meet the princesses, and look Johnny Depp in the eyes- well a figure of him as Jack Sparrow anyway... and one nightmare: my wedding ring was stolen out of our hotel room by the maid...) We were there for 5 days and loved every minute of it!

Lainey was way excited for her first plane ride:


Here she's reading up on the emergency directions:We met some fun characters (these are just a few):



She loved the princesses, I think we met every one. She would take her autograph book right up to them and practically sit on their lap. It was so cute! We ate breakfast in Goofy's Kitchen- That killed all resolve I had to stick to my weightwatchers plan on our trip...
Lainey loved all the rides that she went on. The teacups and carousels were her favorite I think:


Josh's dream store (second to the Jeep Dealership:)

She got 5 whole days with mom and dad,And we played every minute of it!


But I think she had a good time......don't you?






HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

7 comments:

Gene and Jenna said...

What a fun time! Lainey looked like she had a ball! What ended up happening with your wedding ring? I would have flipped!! Well, looked like you all had a blast! Take care:)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

So cute! We took my oldest when she was almost two and it didn't turn out as good. The airplane made her sick and she was awful for the first day. Then the only kids rides we tried scared the kids. I was pregnant and didn't feel so hot either. I keep thinking about going back but thinking about taking all 3 kids under 5 years old just doesn't sound like a good time:)

Hillary said...

How fun!!! I bet it wasn't so busy this time of year. So did you get your wedding ring back?

Stacia said...

How fun! Looks like you had a great time! But hold up did you ring really get stolen? Did you get it back? Merry Christmas to you

The Porters said...

My ring really did get stolen and we have no hopes of seeing it again :( The hotel has been 'looking' into it, but we haven't heard anything.

Samantha said...

Leslie!!! I'm so happy I found your blog! I know... I know... I'm totally a blog-stalker. (Sorry about that, I do it to everyone!) Anyways, hope you guys had fun in Disneyland (so sorry about your ring!), and a very Merry Christmas!

Gombessa said...

Hey Josh and Leslie! Just found my way to your blog! Anywho, I'm gonna add yours to my list on my blog, if that's ok? Looks like you had a blast in Disneyland, I love that place! Anywho, gotta get back to work....