Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day

Yay! I'm feeling better!!!


It has been a while since my last post, we have been a sick family. Lainey got a cold just after we got back from Tropic, passed it to me, and although I tried to keep it from Josh, he just couldn't resist my sexy, hacking cough, and so he got sick too :) Our Valentine's day was still very romantic. We spent a good portion of the day together in bed (because we were sick, of course...) I had made a shutterfly wedding book and gave it to Josh, along with two Rascal Flatts tickets for March 7. Josh was very romantic and tricky. After eating a homemade steak dinner with Lainey, He took us downstairs where he had posted pictures of the important places we had been (kodachrome, SUU, the hotel we stayed at on our honeymoon, etc) all over, and had a 'picnic' set up in the middle of the room. After we put Lainey to bed, he gave me a beautiful card that wasn't originally homemade, but he had personalized it and it made me cry. He gave me a spa gift certificate (I wondered... Do I really look that bad?!) No, it is much needed. He put a lot of time and effort into what he did, and I was very impressed. He amazes me at how thoughtful he is... how kind and loving he is to Lainey and me. She just loves him and it is the cutest thing ever! Every night, they have story time and now Lainey insists on a story before naptime too!

Since Kathy introduced me to Smilebox a while ago, I have wasted alot of time on it, but with some cute results... I did a couple, one of our 'love story' and one with Lainey's valentine pictures. It is such a fun program! I love it! Hope you enjoy!
Click to play A Love Story
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a scrapbook - it's easy!

3 comments:

Kathy Twitchell said...

Those were so cute!!! Don't you love smile box!! Lainey is really cute! You know how all babies are cute and everyone tells every baby that they are cute....well Lainey is REALLY cute...not just to say that. Your valentine is so cute! It is on our fridge!

Nathan and Esther said...

Cute pictures! It sounds like you had a great valentine's day. I'm sorry you were so sick! Nathan gave me a spa getaway for my birthday...best present ever! Have fun at the spa, because it is sooo worth it!

The White's said...

Love the blog and it is fun to get back in touch with old friends. You have a cute family! And I'm glad that you are all feeling better.