Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tropic







This post is coming from the tiny town of Tropic... I decided at 9:00 Thursday morning to make a trip to see my family. Lainey and I took off at 11:00 am. leaving everyone wondering what got into me. I just needed a change of scenery I guess! We stopped in Provo on our way down to visit my grandma LeFevre who has been in the hospital up there since Christmas Eve. She fell the Friday before Christmas and was taken to the hospital in Kanab where they found a severe case of pneumonia in both her lungs. a few days later, they took her to St. George because her oxygen levels kept dropping, and on Christmas Eve, they found several pockets of infection along her spine that needed to be removed immediately, so she was life-flighted to Provo. She is now in a specialty clinic for her recovery, which they think will be at least 24 more days. I am glad we were able to stop in... she gets pretty lonely. I hated being in the hospital for the 3 days I was there when Lainey was born... I couldn't even imagine being in one for 3 months!
Lainey is getting cuter everyday! She claps all the time, but she does have two different types... one when she is excited, and one when she wants something (like the sign for more). She loves visiting Grandma April, Grandpa Layne, Lesha and Logan... She finds them very amusing, and I am enjoying the break as much as they are enjoying playing with her!
Tropic has a ton of snow... well, so does everywhere else, but today (Monday) we went sledding! I missed out on that last year, being prego and all. It was really fun! And here's more good news... Verizon now has service in Tropic!!!




1 comment:

Nathan and Esther said...

I'm so jealous you are in tropic! I would love to be home. Soak it up while you can! Those pictures are super cute, and I can't believe how big Lainey is getting!