Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Fall!

YAY! I love this time of year! The leaves, the weather, the chilly nights with something warm to drink while snuggled up on the couch watching a movie... ahhh. I do miss the daylight though. Life is good- we are staying as busy as ever with work and everything else that I try to do. Lainey is growing up so fast! I love how sweet she is, and how bossy she can be. She definitely has her own opinion! We have been working on potty training her- She is doing great! Josh is keeping busy after hours with projects around the house. He just tore out our downstairs shower because, well, it was disgusting. We are glad he did, there was a really bad leak in the drain and mold everywhere. I am excited to start another tiling project! Our house is looking pretty good if I do say so myself... I need to post some before/after pics, but I don't have my camera here at the inlaws (no, we don't have the internet yet. we need a better computer before we commit to another monthly payment!). School is...wow... moving right along! I have 30 kids in my class and let me just say that I am exhausted by the time I get home. They are cute kids though and I do enjoy my job. Yesterday, the first thing Lainey said when she woke up was "I want to go to school with you!" and it broke my heart to tell her she couldn't come and she cried. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving break so I can have some days off with her! Happy Fall!

Love- the Porter's

p.s. I have to send a shout out to my wonderful hubby- Last Saturday, Lainey and I went shopping with my sis, and well, we are our mother's daughters and needless to say, we were gone ALL DAY! I came home to find that the house was clean, the laundry was done, the lawn was mowed, and he had finished ripping out the shower (and cleaned up the mess...thank you very much) I was totally surprised! He truly is the BEST!!!! Love ya babe!!!

3 comments:

Gene and Jenna said...

Glad to hear your all doing well! I would love to see pictures of your house so bring them on! And way to go Josh, he is good ;)

Rob & Tiffanie said...

What a brown-noser my cousin is:) I always knew he would be a good hubby and dad---just that type. Can't marry your cousin though, so I had to look elsewhere:)I can't believe you have 30 kids in your class....I am glad my daughter only has 23. That already seems like such a handful for the teacher when I volunteer.

qingblog said...

Trendy Christian Louboutin Shoes precisely the same brand name while the mature sneakers make started during '92. Typically the red-soled Christian Louboutin Boots footwear is Alfredia Louboutin's bank emblem, showing girl's pretty, delightful, quieter not to mention develop sexxy. Typically the stylish, Mister. Bhutto during Sept . 2009 requested a fabulous signature, why could be to Christian Louboutin Sale guard it is make scarlet insoles made not ended up duplicated. "The red feet is needed to express to all of us that we built these sneakers. Putting on a pair of boots and shoes a is more in Christian Louboutin Shoes the position to get the attention of men.In . Mister Christian Louboutin Pumps. Bhutto in the nation Brand Company application requirements claims.